Sunday, February 15, 2009

Grocery Run 2/14

Yes, I braved the grocery on Valentine's Day! And it was packed. Just as I expected it to be. With 3 kids in tow I headed to the store. What should have taken a hour to complete ended up taking a hour and a half, maybe longer. I really lost count.
I got almost everything on my list and what is needed for our meal plan of the week (posted tomorrow). Kroger was out of the Perdue 99¢/lb. Whole Chicken Roasters so I will have to go back and grab one this week, which rocks because in the ad today they are only 69¢/lb.! I will miss the Daytona 500 deal but we are well stocked on Fruit Snacks now, I think I counted 11 boxes in the cabinet. Perfect for long errand days and school lunches. Plus, we have a good amount of cereal now too.


My total OOP for today was $42.43 with a total savings of $41.54! 49%. Not too shabby, eh?

My best deals were 4 packs of Cottonelle TP(17¢/pk.), Lucky Charms Cereal($1.19), Trix Cereal(62¢), Banana Nut Cheerios(94¢), 4 boxes of Fruit Snacks/Fruit Gushers(99¢/box), Bananas(39¢/lb.), Yoplait Go-Gurt/Trix Yogurt($1.15/each), Brownie Mix(94¢/each) Carrot Stix(79¢), Johnson's Soap Bars(9¢/each).

No comments: