Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meal Plan Week of August 16th!


I do realize it is Tuesday! I was going to post my groceyr trips so far but decided to wait because...well, 2 trips to Kroger isn't enough! Oh, no, no. So I am going to post our menu for the week along with some of the recipes.

Chicken Teriyaki-Made with Knorr Teriyaki Rice Sides

Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches-I am winging that one. Yikes.

Pan Glazed Chicken with Basil-Found this on the Babycenter Cooking with Your Family Board
Pan Glazed Chicken with Basil

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (4 oz. each) or boneless thighs
2 teaspoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh (or 2 teaspoons dried leaves crushed) Basil

Put oil in a skillet and heat to Medium high.
Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper – I don’t measure it!
Cook chicken on medium-high for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Flip it over and brown for about 6 minutes or until done.
Mix vinegar, honey and basil and drizzle over chicken and into skillet. Cook about one minute and flip it over for about one minute on the other side. Very easy and very yummy!

Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches-These are made in the crockpot. Basically put a porkloin, a bottle of BBQ sauce and some onion in the crockpot. Cook for 6-8 hours on low. Easy and yummy!

One night is designated for Leftovers and we are going out to dinner Friday for my husband's birthday!

No comments: