Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008!

I love Christmas. It stresses the hell out of me. Trying to buy the right thing for everyone and hope that they love it. I tell ya, it wears me out! I think it gets harder every year to pick out stuff for the kids. They made out pretty well this year and things were pretty even. I try and keep it that way because it's only fair. I can't stand when one gets more than the other. Oh well.

Christmas Eve was spent at the church where Mamaw Jayne's family holds it. There are so many of us on that side that we need alot of room! The girl's each got a present there. Madison got a Hannah Montana Barbie that sings, and Morgan got a Little People Scooter. They both loved their presents and had to open them right away!

When we were finished there we headed back home to relax and prepare for Santa's arrival. We had baked and decorated cookies that morning so Madison got to pick out which ones she wanted to give Santa. She also sat out some carrots and celery for the reindeer. Then it was time for them to get in bed and get to sleep so Santa could come. He was close, we had been tracking him all day on the internet thanks to Norad!

Christmas Morning was great. The day is a constant rush it feels. Someday it will be easier I think, that day may be when I am old and gray but it will still be someday. :) First things first was to open our presents from Santa. Madison and Morgan were pretty ready and excited for that. Santa had to leave his mark:
I have so many pictures that it would take me forever to pick out which few to share. So I will leave this with what is on there now.After presents from Santa, we waited on Poppie and Uncle Duncan to get here. Morgan got the Wall-E DVD from Uncle D and Maddie got another Hannah Montana Barbie. Austin got a Nerf gun. Poppie got each kid a $25 American Express giftcard and then got them each a little gift. After that Grandpa Larry and Uncle Jeff showed up with Austin. Now we had to open presents from Grandpa Larry and Grandpa Andrea. Plus the kids had to open their presents from Me and Daddy. They all got so much!
Once that was all cleaned up, we had to get dressed and ready to head over to Mamaw Jayne and Papaw Butchs to open presents with them and my siblings. That is definelty chaos! We only had about 2 hours there and then it was on to Mamaw Dolly and Papaw Frank's. I am beginning to wonder how we all fit in the house over there. Too many grandkids!! :) Its more organized there, we start youngest to oldest this year so each child gets their time to shine. Which also means it takes hours for us to finish! They love it though. We left there around 9 or so and the kids were exhausted!
Now is the time to open all the boxes and find out what has to be returned and exchanged, that is my least favorite part!
Merry Christmas All!

No comments: